The Crafts Center is a space for students to unleash their creativity by working on projects of their own design. It is located on campus in the basement of Lewis Hall, with the entrance on the side of Lewis facing Tilton.
Spring 2014 Hours
Sunday: 3-9 pm
Monday: 1-11 pm
Tuesday: 1-4 & 5-11 pm
Wednesday: 11:45-2:45pm & 5-11 pm
Thursday: 7-10 pm
Friday: 1-6 pm
*Disclaimer: We are a volunteer organization. While we strive at all times to maintain the hours shown, we will occasionally need to make accommodations. These announcements will be sent out via the e-list as early as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience, and appreciate your understanding and support.*
*Want to be on the e-list and find out about upcoming events, re-stocking, etc.? Email Elizabeth.Card@tufts.edu or Oona.Taper@tufts.edu to sign up!
*Want to volunteer at Crafts Center? Email Elizabeth.Card@tufts.edu or Oona.Taper@tufts.edu for more information about volunteering!
Don’t forget to LIKE our Facebook page for up-to-date information!
Crafts Centaur Desire List —Do you have a request for supplies in the Crafts Center? Add it to our WISHLIST Google Doc!
Groups — We have many resources for you to use! If you are planning on using bulk supplies, we ask that you please order the supplies out of you own budget ahead of time (i.e. if you plan on making buttons for your group or screen printing t-shirts, please order the buttons and shirts ahead of time… we don’t have enough $ to fund all the groups on campus). Once you’ve ordered your supplies, feel free to bring them into Crafts Center and use our resources to put together your desired products! If you need help ordering or you have any other questions, email Elizabeth.Card@tufts.edu or Oona.Taper@tufts.edu.
Button making — We have machines to make 1″, 1.5″ and 2.25″ buttons. To order button-making supplies that work with our machines, visit this website.
A variety of sections are maintained in the Center, including:
- Candle & Soap Making (for help come by Mondays 4-7pm and ask for Mike or Fridays 1-4pm and ask for Kathy)
- Ceramics Studio (for help come by Mondays 4-7pm and ask for Annahstasia, or 5:00 – 7:30pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays and ask for Justine)
- Fiber Craft (for help come by Tuesdays 7-11pm and ask for Oona, Wednesdays 11:45-2:45pm and ask for Camiel, or Fridays 3-6pm and ask for Elizabeth)
- General Craft, Drawing and Decoration (for help come by Mondays 1-4pm and ask for Melissa or Lizz, Mondays 4-7pm and ask for Annahstasia, or Wednesdays 11:45-2:45pm and ask for Andie)
- Sticker making
- Crafting basics: tape, glue, markers, crayons
- Jewelry, Metal, and Glass (for help with jewelry come by Mondays 7-10pm and ask for Catherine, or Thursdays 7-10pm and ask for George, and for glass and metal help come by Tuesdays 5-8pm and ask for Charlie)
- Button making
- Chain mail & scale mail
- Stained Glass
- Paint Craft (for help come by Mondays 1-4pm and ask for Lizz or Wednesdays 5-8pm and ask for River)
- Enamel & house paint
- Spray paint
- Paper Craft (for help come by Sundays 3-6pm and ask for Will)
- Paper stock
- Paper making
- Book binding
- Print Craft (for help come by Tuesdays 5-8pm and ask for Miller or Wednesdays 8-11pm and ask for Sophia)
- Screen-printing (silkscreening)
- Block Printing
- Rubber Stamp making / stamping
- Woodworking (for help come by Tuesdays 1-4pm and ask for Ian or Mireia)
All of our supplies and tools are available for use by any student at no cost, and finished products can be kept by their creators. Raw materials and tools must be left in Center so that everyone can enjoy using them.
We are completely student-run, so all of our staff members are volunteers, called “Crafties”. Most of our volunteers are residents of Crafts House, located on campus at 14 Professors Row. Our funding comes from the TCU Senate, and the budget for each year is determined and managed by the volunteers, who then purchase supplies that they bring to Center.
Let us know if you have any questions or ideas by emailing Elizabeth.Card@tufts.edu or Oona.Taper@tufts.edu—we’d love to hear from you!